Posts tagged summer
Posts tagged summer
Good grief, it’s the last day of August.
Stephen Colbert justifies the temperature of his studio in summer.
Addendum: His studio really IS this cold. Eeeek.
Star Wars Rolling Stone Cover, 1983
… and this was written back in March.
I need another cold beer immediately.
(Cartoon via The New Yorker)
Perfect summer listening.
1. Morning Dessert (intro)
2. You Call This A Merry Go Round - Birgit Lystander
3. Self Analysis - The Smoke
4. Prairie Grey - New Colony Six
5. Flying - Rogério Duprat
6. Darts - Doug Wood
7. Summer Snow - Lou Christie
8. Bart - Ruby
9. Bird Doggin’ - Gene Vincent
10. Kenny & Clodagh intro - Clodagh Rogers
11. Afternoon - John Barry
12. Electrollentando - H.P. Lovecraft
13. 57821 - Janelle Monae Feat. Deep Cotton
14. Oh Caroline - Matching Mole
15. Another Lonely Night in New York - Robin Gibb
16. On A Quiet Night - The Association
17. Ninna Nanna Per Adulti - Ennio Morricone
18. Libra, The Mirror’s Minor Self - Broadcast and The Focus Group
19. I Said My Pyjamas & Put On my Prayers - Tony Martin & Fran Warren
‘Words and Music By Saint Etienne’ album out now on UMC Records
Saint Etienne play The London Palladium - Monday 27th May
There’s NOTHING like summer in the city. I couldn’t agree more. Come on, ice cream truck!
Summer on Perry Street. Greenwich Village, New York City
On summer days like this, the bright summer sun barely cuts through the branches of trees canopies that line the street while brownstones and bicycles revel in the cool shade.
Some people flee the city in the summer, preferring cooler climates free of hot cement. For me, there is nothing that comes close to summer in the city.
It’s true that often the air is held captive by the high heat and the sun scorches the pavement but when a breeze is allowed free reign to fly through the trees, something magical happens.
Streets breathe a sigh of relief and warm tones of muted sunlight cast upon buildings languishing in the shade inspire smiles of contentment.
View this photo larger and on black on my Google Plus page